Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Double Checked Locking - broken? working?

Re: Double Checked Locking - broken? working?
According to that same page, it says that the JDK5 memory model (and
presumably JDK6 as well? which we use...), this will work if the field
(validTableProperties) is declared volatile. That's the simplest
change, but Mike is right... it's not worth lazily loading because
it's a trivial operation... and it is certainly idempotent.

This code was the result of me being pedantic without properly
understanding locking... it was *not* done based on any actual
observed performance problem (not even a predicted one). If anything,
I only did it it that way as an exercise in learning locking. It
should be simplified as a static initializer instead and none of it
needs to be synchronized.