HBase >> mail # user >> ANN: hbase-0.95.0, the first in our 0.95 "Development" Series, is available for download

ANN: hbase-0.95.0, the first in our 0.95 "Development" Series, is available for download
The first release in a series of "Development" releases, hbase-0.95.0 is
available for download from your favorite Apache mirror.  See:

  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/

(It may take a few hours for the release to show up everywhere)

About 1500 issues have been closed against this 0.95.0 release including
some big ticket items such as a much improved Mean Time To Recovery, and
forthcoming support for both hadoop1 and hadoop2.  For the full list of
issues fixed see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12324094
Development series releases like this hbase-0.95.0, are "rough cuts" taken
from
the branch that will eventually yield our next stable offering,
hbase-0.96.0,
the release that will replace the 0.94.x series.  We are putting out a
"Development" series to start the feedback loop cycling early before 0.96
hardens completely.  Please download this release and try it out; let us
know what you think, what is missing, and what needs fixing before we can
consider calling it stable.  Comments are welcome along any dimension from
packaging and layout through to UI and documentation.

Be aware that development series releases are barely-tested product and come
with no guarantees.  We make no promises that the next release in this
series
will be compatible with this one, 0.95.0, nor even that you will be able to
preserve data across the update (This is at an extreme, and highly unlikely,
but could be the case).  No work has been done to make it so you can migrate
from 0.94.x HBase.  Development series releases are not for production
deploy.

Thanks,
Your HBase Team