Zookeeper >> mail # user >> avoiding the risk of starting ZooKeeper servers in the same ensemble with different transaction logs

+
German Blanco 2013-09-24, 12:45
+
Benjamin Reed 2013-09-25, 02:37
Re: avoiding the risk of starting ZooKeeper servers in the same ensemble with different transaction logs
Exactly.
I know it is silly, but I think this is what happened, and I would feel
better if there was a way to avoid it to happen again.
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Benjamin Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> when you say inconsistent transaction log, are you talking about a
> transaction log from a different ensemble instance?
>
> for example, you ran zookeeper and did some things. then you reset the all
> the servers but one and restarted everything.
>
> ben
>

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:45 AM, German Blanco <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have run into this situation a couple of times.
> > Because of an error, one ZooKeeper server in the ensemble is started
> > with an inconsistent transaction log. This leads to serious and difficult
> > to trace problems, until you notice that clients connected to one of the
> > servers see a different data tree than the others.
> > I would really like to avoid this, and it happens that the amount of data
> > in my data tree is not that much (around 40 kBytes). So I would like to
> > propose a new option to force synchronization via snapshot in the
> ZooKeeper
> > Leader.
> > Any opinions?
> > Any other options?