Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action
Finally read through all of this.
First of all, great work Josh.

Secondly, I like what is enumerated in the document. I would like to see
the clarification on the empty merges forward in it for the sake of new
people. Additionally, in the tl;dr version it would be awesome to have
examples of it in command form as a quick ref (as I'm still not that great
with git vs. svn).

Thirdly, +1 Eric's suggestion to get the ticket in ASAP because we don't
know what the turn around time is. There was a large consensus on this one
on the meeting last week.

+1 renaming trunk to master

The "unstable" discussion of master/trunk should go into another thread if
it's going to be debated. Nothing is changing in the behavior of the
trunk/master because of the switch to git. If there are issues with the way
we handle master, it shouldn't be buried in another discussion thread. It's
nothing but disruptive to the current discussion at hand.

I'm happy with the email subject. I'm assuming we're sticking with all
commits reffing a ticket? Or at least all commits to the main branch(es).

Lastly, can you provide some sort of date notation to the document. I just
read it now, but it seems that it's gone through a few revisions, based on
the commentary in this thread. If I'm wrong, please ignore. Otherwise, can
you just add the date you modified (even better, by section :D). Thanks
And again, thanks again Josh for spearheading thing.

John