Hive >> mail # user >> HADOOP_HOME

Re: HADOOP_HOME
Hi Babak,

    You can use export command from the shell to set HADOOO_HOME, but
it will be lost once you close the terminal. To set ir permanently add
the following line to the ".bashrc" file present in your
/home/your_username/ directory -

export HADOOP_HOME=/path_of_your_hadoop_folder

You can use this to set any variable permanently. Restart your system
in order to apply the changes.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq