Hadoop, mail # general - Oozie vs. YARN "application"

Oozie vs. YARN "application"
Keith Wiley 2012-05-17, 23:47
Hadoop 0.23 (MRv2 or YARN) provides the concept of an "application", which is described as either a classic single MR job *or* a DAG of such jobs...which at a glance appears redundant with Oozie's primary purpose.

How do they differ?  Does 0.23 effectively obviate the service that Oozie provides or is Oozie more powerful than a YARN "application"...or simply more different from an application than I have conceptualized to the point that they don't necessarily step on one another's toes?

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
me to suspect that my own is also."
                                           --  Mark Twain