Hadoop >> mail # user >> Advice for a new open-source project and a license

Advice for a new open-source project and a license
Hi,

I am working on an open-source project that would be using
Hadoop/HDFS/HBase/Tika/Lucene and would make all files on a hard drive
searchable. Like Nutch, only applied to hard drives, and like Google Desktop
Search, only I want to output information about every file found. Not a big
difference though.

I am looking for an advice on the following

   1. Have you heard of a similar project?
   2. What license should I use? I am thinking of Apache V2.0, because it
   relies on other Apache V2.0 projects;
   3. Any other advice?

Thank you. Sincerely,
Mark