HBase, mail # user - Efficient way to use different storage medium

+
Bing Jiang 2013-04-09, 11:41
+
Ted 2013-04-09, 11:54
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-09, 11:51
+
Stack 2013-04-09, 16:37
Re: Efficient way to use different storage medium
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-04-10, 05:02
Hi

Interesting topic and we have a JIRA already raised for such a feature.
 But still the work is in progress

Regards
Ram
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > There are some physical machines which each one contains a large ssd(2T)
> > and general disk(4T),
> > and we want to build our hdfs and hbase environment.
> >

> What kind of workload do you intend to run on these machines?  Do you have
> enough space running all of your work load on SSD?  At an extreme, you
> could have two clusters -- one running on SSDs for low latency workloads
> and the other on spinning disk -- and perhaps your segregation is such that
> having to copy between the two systems is rare, etc., etc.
>
> St.Ack

+
Ted Yu 2013-04-10, 05:07