Hive >> mail # user >> Executing queries after setting hive.exec.parallel in hive-site.xml

+
Chunky Gupta 2012-10-25, 11:14
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-10-25, 11:24
Re: Executing queries after setting hive.exec.parallel in hive-site.xml
Hi Chunky

This parameter will come into effect only if a query has been parsed to multiple mapreduce jobs and some of them can be executed in parallel. ie all the jobs generated by the query are not linearly dependent and hence needn't be executed sequentially. In all other cases the MR jobs will be executed sequentially and this parameter won't have any effect.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Chunky Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:44:43
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Executing queries after setting hive.exec.parallel in hive-site.xml

Hi ,

I have 2 questions regarding the parameter 'hive.exec.parallel' in
hive-site.xml in ~/.versions/hive-0.8.1/conf/

1. how do I verify from query log files or from any other way, that a
particular query is executing with this parameter set to true.
2. Is it advisable to set this parameter for running queries.

Thanks,
Chunky.