Thomas Koch 2011-05-31, 13:28
I finished(?) the slides for BerlinBuzzWords:
The last section is "praise and rant". I added some well deserved praise about
*right balance: functionality vs. usability
*turn key ready server
*bindings to other languages
*large user base
These good points about ZooKeeper became more clear to me after I learned
about JGroups. The JGroups author lives in my home town and we had a chat last
week. We'll meet again, because he wants to learn what this "ZooKeeper" thing
is everybody asks him about.
Still I included a small but serious list of some of my critiques about
ZooKeeper. You may find the slides about the PMD results interesting. My
* NPath/cyclomatic complexity
* Assigning an Object to null is a code smell. *Consider refactoring.*
* Avoid really long methods.
* This class has too many methods, *consider refactoring* it.
* A high ratio of statements to labels in a switch statement. *Consider
* Avoid empty catch blocks.
* Avoid really long parameter lists.
* (Class has) Too many fields.
Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro