Accumulo, mail # dev - Q: re Accumulo Commit Policy? (was Re: Setting charset in getBytes())

Re: Q: re Accumulo Commit Policy? (was Re: Setting charset in getBytes())
Benson Margulies 2012-10-31, 17:49
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:01 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Not wanting to merge is a terrible reason to commit a patch. A patch file
>> would have been more then sufficient until we reached a consensus on
>
> A slight deviation.  I have used review board for potentially
> disruptive changes.  When I used it, I got excellent feedback from the
> community that greatly improved my patches.   A nice tool to be aware
> of if you have a patch that you are uneasy about.

CTR communities deal with this all the time. In a CTR community,
people who make changes are prepared to unmake, remake, or otherwise
adjust changes as needed to achieve consensus. RTC communities do it
the other way around. For the sake of collective sanity, I'd encourage
this group to clarify that it is one or the other, and not try to
achieve too much of a hybrid.