Hadoop >> mail # user >> Permission request from "Translation for education"

+
vseslava.kavchich@... 2012-06-19, 04:34
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-06-19, 16:52
Re: Permission request from "Translation for education"
Hello,

The documentation is released under Apache 2.0

You are free to modify and translate.

Just go through the below *Redistribution *section also.

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

Regards,

Jagat Singh

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:04 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I am a student at the Department of Foreign Languages and at the same time
> a volunteer at an organization named “Translation for Education”. I love
> surfing on the Internet and being informed about the latest happenings
> around me. Unfortunately, most of my fellow citizens don’t know English, so
> that makes them feel somehow excluded from all this variety of useful info
> from the Internet.
> That was the reason that made me decide to start being a volunteer at such
> an NGO. So I created a blog, where I post translations of some of the texts
> that really caught my attention. Sometimes it’s a simple description of
> some organization, and sometimes it might be a narrowly specialized
> scientific article.
> Don’t you think that I do that without authors’ permission! I do ask them
> if they let me translate and then post the translation on my blog. And if
> they don’t, then they don’t.
> So I am asking you about the same, actually. Could you provide me the
> permission to translate the article on page http://hadoop.apache.org/**
> common/docs/stable/hdfs_user_**guide.html<http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/hdfs_user_guide.html>into , on condition that the translation is absolutely non-commercial and I
> will mention and credit you as the author of the article, and put the link
> to your source next to my translation too.
>
> Hoping for your understanding and waiting for your answer!
>
> Cheers,

+
Tim Broberg 2012-06-19, 16:27