Hadoop >> mail # user >> Mechanism of hadoop -jar

Re: Mechanism of hadoop -jar
Hi jay vas,
   If you are trying for accessing bungle of text file . Instead of going
for class.getResource() why dont you go for distributed.cache in hadoop .
As i had previously noticed about that in the mailing list

I hope it will help you better . If there is any problem let us know
Regards
Syed abdul kather
On Aug 12, 2012 4:17 AM, "Bertrand Dechoux [via Lucene]" <
ml-node+[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) Source code for sure. I don't know if you could find any other
> technical
> document about it.
>
> 2) Where is your file? If it is inside your jar, hadoop should not infer
> with the 'normal way'. It is a 'classical jvm'. If you want to distribute
> your files (across your nodes), you should look at DistributedCache.
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/filecache/DistributedCache.html
>
> Regards
>
> Bertrand
>
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Jay Vyas <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4000625&i=0>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys:  I'm trying to find documentation on how "hadoop jar" actually
> > works i.e. how it copies/runs the jar file across the cluster, in order
> > debug a jar issue.
> >
> > 1) Where can I get a good explanation of how the hadoop commands (i.e.
> > -jar) are implemented ?
> >
> > 2) Specifically, Im trying to access a bundled text file from a jar :
> >
> > class.getResource("myfile.txt")
> >
> > from inside a mapreduce job.... Is it okay to do this ?  Or does a
> classes
> > ability to aquire local resources change  in the mapper/reducer JVMs ?
> >

> > --
> > Jay Vyas
> > MMSB/UCHC
> >

> --
> Bertrand Dechoux

> .
> NAML<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

-----
THANKS AND REGARDS,
SYED ABDUL KATHER