HDFS >> mail # user >> Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)

Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)
Hey all,

When setting up the namenode, some of the commands that we run are:
hadoop fs -mkdir /tmp
hadoop fs -chmod -R 1777 /tmp

This has worked for previous CDH releases of Hadoop.

We recently upgraded our test cluster to CDH 4.1 and the chmod no longer
works.

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod -R 1777 /tmp
chmod: chmod : mode '1777' does not match the expected pattern.

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod -R +t /tmp
chmod: chmod : mode '+t' does not match the expected pattern.

This disagrees with the docs here:
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/Deploying+MapReduce+v1+%28MRv1%29+on+a+Cluster#DeployingMapReducev1%28MRv1%29onaCluster-Step7

Has anyone else encountered this? Let me know if you need more information,
and thanks for your time.