Flume >> mail # user >> flume-ng 1.3.1 windows version for download

flume-ng 1.3.1 windows version for download
hello,

I compiled a windows version of flume-ng 1.3.1 for download:
http://abloz.com/flume/windows_download.html

I add flume.bat and flume-avroclient.bat for agent and avro-client mode
running. I also add two conf file for test.

wish could help some body!

This is the flume-ng 1.3.1 windows version for download.
apache-flume-1.3.1-bin.zip<http://abloz.com/flume/apache-flume-1.3.1-bin.zip>
simple usage:
unzip the apache-flume-1.3.1-bin.zip
run bin/flume.bat for agent.
run bin/flume-avroclient.bat for avro-client.
Need modify for your own env.
detail:

(To compile flume-ng on windows, please reference
http://mapredit.blogspot.com/2012/07/run-flume-13x-on-windows.html or
my chinese version
http://abloz.com/2013/02/18/compile-under-windows-flume-1-3-1.html)

1.download the windows version of flume 1.3.1 file
apache-flume-1.3.1-bin.zip from
http://abloz.com/flume/windows_download.html
2.unzip the apache-flume-1.3.1-bin.zip to a directory.
3.install jdk 1.6 from oracle,and set JAVA_HOME of the env.
download from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
4.test agent:
4.1 modify settings of conf/console.conf,conf/hdfs.conf for agent test.
4.2 test source syslog, sink: console out agent
4.2.1 check flume.bat,modify the variables to your env.
4.2.2 click flume.bat
4.2.3 on another computer run command:
echo "<13>test msg" >/tmp/msg
nc -v your_flume_sysloghost port < /tmp/msg
4.2.4 check your syslog host flume output
4.2.5 samples see
http://abloz.com/2013/02/18/compile-under-windows-flume-1-3-1.html
4.3 test avro-client
4.3.1 run a avro source flume agent on a node.
4.3.2 modify flume-avroclient.bat and head.txt
4.3.3 run flume-avroclient.bat

tested on windows7 32bit version
Best Regards,
Andy