Flume >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan

+
Mike Percy 2013-05-22, 07:33
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-05-22, 07:45
+
Arvind Prabhakar 2013-05-22, 08:02
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-05-22, 08:09
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-05-22, 09:02
+
Ralph Goers 2013-05-26, 14:58
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-28, 13:47
+
Ralph Goers 2013-05-29, 15:49
+
Roshan Naik 2013-05-29, 22:36
+
Roshan Naik 2013-06-06, 18:29
+
Mike Percy 2013-06-12, 00:16
+
Edward Sargisson 2013-05-22, 16:28
+
Will McQueen 2013-05-22, 16:41
+
Venkatesh S R 2013-05-22, 16:51
Re: [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan
+1 for Flume 1.4
+1 for Mike being RM
-Mubarak

On May 22, 2013, at 9:51 AM, Venkatesh S R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 for both! Thanks Mike!
>
> Best,
> Venkatesh
>

> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Will McQueen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> +1 for Flume 1.4
>> +1 for Mike being RM.
>>
>> On May 22, 2013, at 9:28 AM, Edward Sargisson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> +1/+1 for 1.4 and Mike.
>>>

>>> I'm very keen to have a 1.4 for the environments I manage. There's a lot
>> of
>>> stuff I'm keen on in there.
>>>
>>> On my pre-1.4 list:
>>> 1. compile with elasticsearch 0.90
>>> 2. figure out file channel state issue which is stopping Flume logging
>> via
>>> itself.
>>>
>>> 1. Currently we compile with es 0.19. If somebody wants to run es 0.20
>> they
>>> have to recompile (es made an interface change that is source compatible
>>> but requires a recompile). es 0.90 has been out for 2-ish weeks so safe
>>> enough to change the compile to. I think I'll raise an empty Jira to
>> record
>>> this.
>>>
>>> 2. I haven't reported this because I haven't isolated it well enough. I'm
>>> having issues with the 1.3.1 file channel which I'd like to resolve.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Edward
>>>
>>> "Hi folks,
>>> We have had over 100 commits since 1.3.1, and a bunch of new features and
>>> improvements including a Thrift source, much improved ElasticSearch sink,
>>> support for a new plugins directory and layout, compression support in
>> the
>>> avro sink/source, improved checkpointing in the file channel and more,
>> plus
>>> a lot of bug fixes.
>>>
>>> It seems to me that it's time to start thinking about cutting a 1.4
>>> release. I would be happy to volunteer to RM the release. Worth noting
>> that
>>> I will be unavailable for the next two weeks... but after that I'd be
>> happy
>>> to pick this up and run with it. That's also a decent amount of time for
>>> people  to get moving on patches and reviews for their favorite features,
>>> bug fixes, etc.
>>>
>>> If this all sounds OK, I'd like to suggest targeting the last week of
>> June
>>> as a release date. If we can release in time for Hadoop Summit then that
>>> would be pretty nice. Otherwise, if something comes up and we can't get
>> the
>>> release out that week, let's shoot for the first week of July at the
>> latest.
>>>
>>> Please let me know your thoughts.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike

> [...]