Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Roadmap?

+
Thomas Koch 2012-01-04, 10:57
Good questions Thomas.

What are the features that we know about that we'd like to have in 3.5, and
when do we want to aim for a 3.5 release? I think trying to get something
out in the early summer timeframe would be nice, possibly earlier depending
on the feature list.

Off the top of my head, I want to work on the monitoring/4lw connection
rewrite. We also have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-702,
which we backburnered till after 3.4... that's going to be a bit of work
for someone to rework into the current code base.

Also, do we want to do a Google SoC this year?

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Thomas Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Happy new year everybody,
>
> there has been a discussion in December about a developer meeting, where
> you
> also wanted to discuss the roadmap for ZK, but when I checked now, I
> couldn't
> find a fixed date.
>
> I'll present my experiences with the ZK project in three weeks to my Prof.
> and
> it would be nice if I could include an outlook for ZK.
>
> Is there any planning for a meeting or an agreed future direction for ZK?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

+
Patrick Hunt 2012-01-04, 17:21