Hive >> mail # user >> Passing date as command line arguments

+
Techy Teck 2012-08-03, 22:48
+
Matt Tucker 2012-08-04, 02:15
+
Techy Teck 2012-08-04, 06:06
Re: Passing date as command line arguments
There can't be a space in the variable name. Try this: ${hiveconf:start_date}

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Techy Teck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone help me out on this?
>
> I am stuck on this and I have no clue what wrong I am doing?
>

> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Techy Teck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I have my below query in test1.hql file. I am trying to pass the date (dt)
>> as the command line argument.
>>

>> select * from lip_data_quality where dt = '${hiveconf: start_date}';
>>

>> So whenever I try to run the above test1.hql file like this-
>>
>>  hive -f hivetest1.hql -hiveconf start_date=20120709
>>
>> I get zero records back. But the data is there in that table for that
>> date. Why is it so? Something wrong I am doing?
>>
>> Can anyone help me out here? I was following Bejoy's Article here
>> http://kickstarthadoop.blogspot.com/2011/10/include-values-during-execution-time-in.html

+
Techy Teck 2012-08-04, 06:41
+