HBase, mail # user - Roll of hbase.tmp.dir in HBase

+
anil gupta 2012-12-17, 23:19
+
Harsh J 2012-12-18, 03:12
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-12-18, 03:22
+
Harsh J 2012-12-18, 04:04
+
Stack 2012-12-17, 23:46
+
anil gupta 2012-12-18, 01:20
Re: Roll of hbase.tmp.dir in HBase
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-18, 01:46
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM, anil gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> @Nick: I am using HBase 0.92.1, CompactionTool.java is part of HBase 0.96
> as per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7253.

Fair enough; I grepped against trunk.

I have 10 disks on my slave node that will primarily be used for serving
> HBase queries(very less MR ). So, i was trying to distribute my disk I/O
> load evenly among the disk. Will it be fine if i just dedicate 1 disk for
> hadoop.tmp.dir or 1 disk is also a overkill for hbase.tmp.dir.

The dedicated IO could help to alleviate compaction pain -- the question
is, will you experience compaction pain? Does your workload include
frequent mutations (Puts, Deletes)? If the answer is 'no' (as your
description above implies), you'll likely not benefit very much from the
dedicated platter; better use of the spindle will likely be for the
DataNode. You can probably co-locate tmp.dir with a low-intensity resource.
Then again, if you have 10 drives, why not?
+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-17, 23:37