HBase, mail # user - Applying QualifierFilter to one column family only.

Applying QualifierFilter to one column family only.
David Koch 2012-07-18, 22:06
Hello,

When scanning a table with 2 column families, is it possible to apply
a QualifierFilter selectively to one family but still include the other
family in the scan?

The layout of my table is as follows:

For each <rowkey> family T contains timestamp/data key/value pairs. Column
S contains summary information about this row key.

I want to apply a QualifierFilter to column T only - i.e filter by
<timestamp> but return also all of S whenever the set of key/values matched
in T is not empty. Is this doable using standard HBase filters? If so, how?
If not could I implement such a filter myself using FilterBase?

Thank you,

/David
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-07-19, 05:05