Chukwa, mail # dev - Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])

+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-03, 04:29
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-04, 23:00
+
Eric Yang 2013-04-05, 05:06
+
ant elder 2013-04-05, 08:46
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-04-05, 14:00
Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])
Jukka Zitting 2013-04-05, 14:21
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Alan Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With that said, we do need to be transparent in our reporting with respect to
> the inactivity of the project and the community's decision to graduate in spite
> of it.

Looking at the decline of dev@ activity over the past few months I'm
starting to agree with Alan on the issue of graduation/retirement.
Quoting my message from general@ in November [1]:

    The question here isn't about exact metrics or some predefined level
    of activity that the project should be able to reach, but rather the
    trajectory you're on. Is there a reasonable expectation that Chukwa
    can reverse the downward trend in activity? What are you going to do
    to make that happen?

Unfortunately the downward trend has continued, and we don't have a
good idea on how to turn it around or at least keep it stable at the
levels from say last year.

With over three months since the last non-trivial code change
(CHUKWA-565) and nearly two months since last bits of development
discussion (CHUKWA-679), the situation looks much worse than it did at
the end of last year. I would note this drop in activity in the
report.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/q75bqeyxg3i5idqo

BR,

Jukka Zitting