Hive, mail # user - Survey: What do you use to interface with Hive?

Survey: What do you use to interface with Hive?
John Omernik 2013-12-04, 17:31
This can be an interesting subject, I know orgs that are all over on this
questions. I'd be interested in hearing what you use, how it works for you,
and what you are wishing you had in your interface.

I'll start:

We've used a number of things:
- CLI for scheduled jobs.  Pros: Solid running, fairly bug free. Cons: not
for analysis of data, clunky in that regard.

-SQL Squirrel via JDBC: Pros: Supported platform. Some nice analysis
features (keeping old results, sorting of results once obtained, keeping of
old queries Cons: Buggy with Hive, sometimes it just crashes for no reason,
can be frustrating with lots of tabs, hard to extend and add little
features for how you work (from my perspective)

- Custom web based tools: pros designed around how we interact with our
data. cons: no support, it currently has memory leak issues etc.

- Apache Hue/Beeswax: Just starting to look into this now.

I'd be curious on what you are using and challenges/wins you've had.

Thanks!

John