Hadoop, mail # user - Pydoop 0.5 released

Pydoop 0.5 released
Luca Pireddu 2012-02-21, 07:59
Hello everyone,

we're happy to announce that we have just released Pydoop 0.5.0
(http://pydoop.sourceforge.net).

The main changes with respect to the previous version are:
* Pydoop now works with Hadoop 1.0.0.
* Support for multiple Hadoop versions with the same Pydoop installation
* Easy Pydoop scripting with pydoop_script
* Python version requirement bumped to 2.7
* Dropped support for Hadoop 0.21
Pydoop is a Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop, built upon the C++
Pipes and the C libhdfs APIs, that allows to write full-fledged
MapReduce applications with HDFS access. Pydoop has been maturing nicely
and is currently in production use at CRS4 as we have a few scientific
projects that are based on it, including Seal
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/biodoop-seal/), Biodoop and
Biodoop-BLAST (https://sourceforge.net/projects/biodoop/), and a new
project for high-throughput genotyping that is about to be released by CRS4.
Links:

* download page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/files
* full release notes:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pydoop/index.php?title=Release_Notes