HBase >> mail # dev >> Edit for your book Lars. WAS --> Re: A question about zookeeper.session.timeout

Re: Edit for your book Lars. WAS --> Re: A question about zookeeper.session.timeout
We also figured that you MUST set the maxSessionTimeout to the same value
when using a stand alone ZooKeeper ensemble. The managed is fine, but the
stand alone without that extra option in the zoo.cfg will negotiate the
timeout to be a maximum of 20 x tickTime, so 40-60 seconds. In that case the
3 minutes value set in the hbase-default.xml is useless.