Hive >> mail # user >> Operators && and || do not work

+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-09-19, 11:52
Re: Operators && and || do not work
I have not tested it on historical versions, so don't know on which
versions it used to work (if ever), but possibly antlr upgrade [1] may have
impacted this.

[1] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2439

Ashutosh
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 4:52 AM, amareshwari sriramdasu <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Though the documentation
> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-udf.html says they are same
> as
> AND and OR, they do not even get parsed. User gets parsing when they are
> used. Was that intentional or is it a regression?
>
> hive> select key from src where key=a || key =b;
> FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:33 cannot recognize input near '|' 'key' '=' in
> expression specification
>
> hive> select key from src where key=a && key =b;
> FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:33 cannot recognize input near '&' 'key' '=' in
> expression specification
>
> Thanks
> Amareshwari

+
Thiruvel Thirumoolan 2013-09-20, 00:33
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-09-20, 04:30