HBase, mail # dev - VOTE: hbase-0.95.2 release candidate 0 is available for download

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.2 release candidate 0 is available for download
Devaraj Das 2013-08-16, 18:15
Basics worked fine. I raised
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9251 for a namespace issue. Not
sure how much weight do we want to put in on this one for the RC
validation..
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Sergey Shelukhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Given that this can potentially be the base release for 96, should we
> wait for HBASE-8165 (protobuf upgrade to 2.5) to go in?
> Hadoop 2.1.0-beta release vote is currently ongoing.
>
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here is our first 0.95.2 release candidate.  Should we put this out as
> 0.95.
> > 2?
> >
> > Since 0.95.2 is a "Development" Series release [1], so lets keep the vote
> > period short.  Please vote by this Monday, August 19th.  The release has
> > just basically "work".
> >
> > The release artifacts may be downloaded from:
> >
> >   http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.95.2RC0/
> >
> > ~340 issues have been closed since we put out 0.95.1 [2].
> >
> > All feedback is welcome.  We'd be interested in getting comments on
> > everything from the packaging, layout, through documentation, UI, and of
> > course,
> > any bugs found.  I deployed to maven [3] and would particularly like
> > to hear from downstream projects on whether our maven packaging is
> > palatable.
> >
> > This is the last in the 0.95 series of development releases.  You can
> think
> > of this
> > release as a 0.96.0-beta.  No more features will come in on the 0.95
> > branch.  Only
> > fixes and polish are allowed from here on out.  I intend to branch 0.96
> > from 0.95
> > branch next week and put up a 0.96.0RC0 soon after.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > St.Ack
> >
> > 1. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning
> > 2.