Hadoop, mail # general - where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?

+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-11, 21:20
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-11, 21:36
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 08:55
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-12, 21:35
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 21:51
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-12, 22:09
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-13, 09:44
Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-02-13, 20:07
Steve,

I like the idea of testing all FS for expected behavior, in HttpFS we are
already doing something along these lines testing HttpFS against HDFS and
LocalFS. Also testing 2 WebHDFS clients.

Regarding where these 'extensions' would go, well, we could have something
like share/hadoop/common/filesystem-ext/s3 and whoever wants to use s3
would have to symlink those JARs into common/lib. Or having a way to
activate via a HADOOP_COMMON_FS_EXT env which extension JARs to pick up. I
guess the BigTop guys could help defining this magic.

--
Alejandro
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-14, 14:05