Pig, mail # dev - How do we determine 'stable' pig version?

Re: How do we determine 'stable' pig version?
Koji Noguchi 2013-10-22, 21:25
Thanks Daniel, Olga!  Keeping 3 versions would be nice.

As for 'stable', can we revisit the definition?
If it's *always* pointing to the latest release, I don't see the need for having this link(dir).
Is it adding any value?

Koji