Hadoop >> mail # dev >> What's the status of IPv6 support?

+
Andrew Pennebaker 2013-08-16, 15:27
+
Eli Collins 2013-08-16, 16:44
+
Andrew Pennebaker 2013-08-16, 17:05
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-16, 17:16
Re: What's the status of IPv6 support?
On Friday, August 16, 2013, Steve Loughran wrote:

> On 16 August 2013 10:05, Andrew Pennebaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the link!
> >
> > I understand a lack of support *for* IPv6, what I don't understand is why
> > IPv6 must be disabled in order for Hadoop to work. On systems with both
> > IPv4 and IPv6, I thought IPv4 apps could ignore IPv6 as if it weren't
> > available. I suppose that's not quite right.
> >

> historically the JVM IPv6 support on Linux has been pretty troublesome -I
> don't know if it's better now, because we all avoid it.
>
> I'm not sure you have to disable it as long as all java processes get
> started with "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" as a JVM arg
That's correct, I've run Hadoop clusters with ipv6 enabled using these
options (they were checked in by default awhile back).