HBase, mail # user - Fanning out hbase queries in parallel

Re: Fanning out hbase queries in parallel
Gary Helmling 2011-07-25, 21:26
Unfortunately there's no easy patch set to pull coprocessors into any 0.90
HBase version (including CDH3 HBase).  The changes are extensive and
invasive and include RPC protocol changes.  Internally at Trend Micro we run
a heavily, heavily patched 0.90-based version of HBase that includes
coprocessors and security.  But that is only possible with a lot of effort
to keep things up to date with the HBase 0.90 development.

At one point we had made a 0.90-coprocessor branch available, but it's
simply too much work to keep it up to date.  It's in everyone's best
interests if we instead focus on getting out a 0.92 release that includes
coprocessors.

HBase trunk (and by extension 0.92) of course supports running on CDH3, so
you should have no problem plugging in the new version once HBase 0.92 is
out.

--gh
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Paul Nickerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]