Zookeeper >> mail # user >> How much logging is normal if a zookeeper ensemble isn't up?

+
Helen Williamson 2012-11-06, 17:20
Re: How much logging is normal if a zookeeper ensemble isn't up?
Hi Helen,

This is normal. The ZooKeeper client will repeatedly try to connect to all
the servers you specify until it successfully connects to one. It logs
every unsuccessful attempt, leading to the noisy output you're seeing.
You'll have to start at least three servers in your ensemble in order for
the client to successfully connect (zk servers reject incoming connections
until they're part of a quorum) -- maybe you can run a local standalone
server for development purposes if you don't want to start your ensemble?

Skye