HBase >> mail # dev >> loading Hadoop native libraries in HBase unit tests

Hello,

We currently do not enable native Hadoop libraries in unit tests (at least
when running on Hadoop QA), but we do use them in production.  Should we
try to close this discrepancy between tests and production? Some possible
approaches would be:

   - Enable native libraries by default (e.g. import libhadoop.so into a
   special location in the HBase repository and add
   -Djava.library.path=/that/path to unit test JVM options).
   - In addition to the above, modify some unit tests (e.g. those using
   Gzip compression) to run both with and without native libraries enabled

Please let me know if this sounds reasonable.

Thanks,
--Mikhail