Hive >> mail # user >> Prevent users from killing each other's jobs

+
Murat Odabasi 2013-07-30, 18:21
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-30, 18:25
+
Murat Odabasi 2013-07-30, 18:31
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-30, 18:51
Re: Prevent users from killing each other's jobs
Honestly tell your users to stop being jerks. People know if they kill my
query there is going to be hell to pay :)
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> You need to set up Job ACLs. See
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/mapred_tutorial.html#Job+Authorization
> .
>
> It is a per job configuration, you can provide with defaults. If the job
> owner wishes to give others access, he/she can do so.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>
> On Jul 30, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Murat Odabasi wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to introduce some sort of security to prevent different
> people using the cluster from interfering with each other's jobs.
>
> Following the instructions at
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/cluster_setup.html and
>
> https://www.inkling.com/read/hadoop-definitive-guide-tom-white-3rd/chapter-9/security
> , this is what I put in my mapred-site.xml:
>
> <property>
>  <name>mapred.task.tracker.task-controller</name>
>  <value>org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LinuxTaskController</value>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>  <name>mapred.acls.enabled</name>
>  <value>true</value>
> </property>
>
> I can see the configuration parameters in the job configuration when I
> run a hive query, but the users are still able to kill each other's
> jobs.
>
> Any ideas about what I may be missing?
> Any alternative approaches I can adopt?
>
> Thanks.