Hadoop, mail # user - Cannot access JobTracker GUI (port 50030) via web browser while running on Amazon EC2

Re: Cannot access JobTracker GUI (port 50030) via web browser while running on Amazon EC2
Steve Loughran 2011-10-25, 09:15
On 24/10/11 23:46, Mark question wrote:
> Thank you, I'll try it.
> Mark
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Sameer Farooqui<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> We figured it out. It's an issue with RedHat's IPTables. You have to open
>> up
>> those ports:
>>

>> vim /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Of course, if you open up the cluster ports to everyone, that means
everyone else with an IPv4 address. SSH tunnelling is a better tactic