Hadoop >> mail # user >> Writing a sequence file

+
Peter Cogan 2013-01-04, 15:50
Re: Writing a sequence file
Hi Peter

Did you ensure that using SequenceFileOutputFormat from the right package?

Based on the API you are using, mapred or mapreduce you need to use the OutputFormat from the corresponding package.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Cogan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 15:50:04
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Writing a sequence file

Hi,

I am trying to get my reducer to produce a sequence file using the command

job.setOutputFormatClass(SequenceFileOutputFormat.class);
However, I am getting an error in eclipse as follows:
The method setOutputFormatClass(Class<? extends OutputFormat>) in the type
Job is not applicable for the arguments (Class<SequenceFileOutputFormat>)
I'm really confused!
Any help much appreciated!
thanks

Peter