Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Should we freeze the public stable APIs after 0.21.0?

+
Owen OMalley 2009-09-25, 17:16
+
Philip Zeyliger 2009-09-25, 17:36
+
Sanjay Radia 2009-09-25, 19:42
+
Sanjay Radia 2009-09-25, 20:18
+
Amr Awadallah 2009-09-26, 05:48
+
Arun C Murthy 2009-09-26, 17:24
Re: [VOTE] Should we freeze the public stable APIs after 0.21.0?
Sanjay Radia 2009-09-28, 17:58

+1

On Sep 25, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> We are getting closer to being able to release a Common/HDFS/MapReduce
> 1.0. I'd hope that we'll get the last set of things in to 0.22 that
> mean that it would be labelled 1.0. Toward that end, I'd like to start
> locking down the APIs that we've marked as public stable. What that
> would mean is that any interface that is tagged with the
> @InterfaceStability.Stable and @InterfaceAudience.Public in the 0.21.0
> release should not have any changes committed that require a
> recompilation of client code. This will provide a stable basis for our
> users' applications and reduce the costs of upgrades.
>
> Clearly, I'm +1.
>
> -- Owen

+
Nigel Daley 2009-09-28, 18:00