Hive >> mail # user >> Problem with Hive->Hadoop

Re: Problem with Hive->Hadoop
Check out this post may be will be useful for you

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-user/201101.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E

http://search-hadoop.com/m/hrAvDrf0Vu/v=threaded
Regards
Shashwat
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM, alo.alt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> did you use compressed output or compressed files for input?
>
> - Alex
>
> Alexander Lorenz
> http://mapredit.blogspot.com
>

> On Jan 6, 2012, at 7:55 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Using version .8 of Hive with version 0.20.203.0 of Hadoop. Defining and
> summary query against any table results in the following exception. I’ve
> see other documented issues like this regarding HBase and the Cloudera
> stack, but nothing specific to what I’m seeing.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > java.io.IOException: Call to **********/**********:50030 failed on local
> exception: java.io.EOFException
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:1065)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1033)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:224)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy8.getProtocolVersion(Unknown
> Source)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:364)
> >         at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.createRPCProxy(JobClient.java:460)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.init(JobClient.java:454)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.<init>(JobClient.java:437)
> >         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver.execute(ExecDriver.java:435)
> >         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask.execute(MapRedTask.java:136)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:133)
> >         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:57)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1332)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1123)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:931)
> >         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:255)
> >         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:212)
> >         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:403)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:671)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:554)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >         at
> >         at
> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
> > Caused by: java.io.EOFException
> >         at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
> >         at
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveResponse(Client.java:774)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:712)
> > Job Submission failed with exception 'java.io.IOException(Call to
> [...]
Shashwat Shriparv
09900059620
09663531241

<iframe src="
http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=shriparv-20&o=1&p=48&l=ur1&category=kindlerotating&f=ifr"
width="728" height="90" scrolling="no" border="0" marginwidth="0"
style="border:none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>