MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: incrCounter doesn't return a value

Re: incrCounter doesn't return a value
Ashish,

I agree that incrCounter API works as designed. I looked at other ways to
generate auto increment ids and found that ZooKeeper has been used by some
to do this. Unique numbers would not satisfy my requirement as I am moving
an app from traditional data warehouse to Hadoop. The incrCounter API would
have worked for me if it had supported returning the incremented value.

Thanks
Manish