Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] 0.23.3 release

+
Bobby Evans 2012-09-07, 19:56
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-09-07, 21:35
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-09-13, 16:25
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-10, 14:38
Re: [VOTE] 0.23.3 release
Rajiv Chittajallu 2012-09-14, 05:00
+1 (non-binding)

deployed this release to our sandbox cluster, passed validations.

On Sep 10, 2012, at 7:38, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think I was super clear about exactly what is NOT in 0.23.3.
> Sorry about that, I'll try to be more clean next time.  There are a number
> of known issues that some people may consider to be blockers.  If these
> are really blockers for you on 0.23.3 I will see what we can do to pull
> them in and spin a new RC.  Otherwise, I plan on doing a 0.23.4 shortly
> anyways, because I know as Yahoo and hopefully others roll this out they
> will find and fix more issues.
>
> MAPREDUCE-4647 which I just filed to address Radim's concern about
> performance degradation in the PREP stage on 0.23.3.  I know that Kihwal
> Lee is also looking into making the chmod use JNI when possible.
>

> HDFS-3905 which you found Daryn.
>

> HDFS-3731 which prevents 0.23.3 from being used to upgrade a cluster that
> has had append enabled (which Kihwal and I have been working on porting to
> 0.23).
>
> I still think that 0.23.3 is a good release and moves us a step closer to
> having YARN/MRv2 stable and in production.
>
> --Bobby Evans
>
> On 9/7/12 4:35 PM, "Daryn Sharp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> -0 non-binding.  HDFS-3905 should strongly be considered since its a
>> regression.
>>
>> Daryn
>>
>> On Sep 7, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Bobby Evans wrote:
>>
>>> I have built an RC0 for 0.23.3 and am calling a vote on it
>>>
>>> You can download the signed packages from:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~bobby/hadoop-0.23.3-candidate-0/
>>>
>>> It is tagged under svn at:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.3-rc0
>>>
>>> Please kick the tires and let me know if I missed anything, this is
>>> the first time I am doing a release.
>>>
>>> As per the bylaws the vote will be open for 7 days and will end Friday
>>> Sep 14th.
>>>
>>> I am a +1 (non-binding)
>>>
>>> --Bobby Evans

+
Siddharth Seth 2012-09-13, 22:37
+
Harsh J 2012-09-14, 01:16
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-13, 20:38
+
Jonathan Eagles 2012-09-13, 20:55
+
Jason Lowe 2012-09-13, 20:35
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-09-14, 05:04
+
Eli Collins 2012-09-14, 04:56
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-14, 13:35
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-09-14, 07:32
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-14, 13:27
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-09-15, 00:01
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-09-14, 18:57
+
Tsz Wo \ 2012-09-14, 04:20
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-14, 21:56
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-09-14, 22:40
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-17, 14:42
+
Philip Su 2012-09-14, 18:23