Hadoop >> mail # general >> LimitedPrivate and HBase

Re: LimitedPrivate and HBase

On Jun 6, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

> Perhaps opening a jira for a cleaner framework for HttpServer extension could be useful?

Sure.  That's probably what should have happened to begin with rather than the quickly changing the API to a different classification.  I was a bit surprised that the JIRA went through so quickly without much comment, but I assumed that's because it was HBase requesting or because so many people were on their way to Berlin.

That said, big picture issue: I still think there should be some official guidance on when LimitedPrivate is the right thing to do.  I'd hate to see random groups requesting an API change "just this once" with no real leg to stand on whether it was appropriate or not.