Hadoop, mail # user - Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment

RE: Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment
Pablo Musa 2012-07-05, 15:04
Thank you all for your answers.
I think I will keep 0.20.2 and wait for a new major release of cdh while I keep an eye on Ambari.

Abs,
Pablo

-----Original Message-----
From: Owen O'Malley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: terça-feira, 3 de julho de 2012 20:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Pablo Musa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Which is the latest stable hadoop version to install in a production
> environment with package manager support?

 The current stable version of Hadoop is 1.0.3. It is available as both source and rpms from here:

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html#Download
Which is the latest stable hadoop version to install in a production
> environment with package manager support?
Apache Ambari is a new project that can be used to install the Hadoop ecosystem including Hadoop 1.0.3 and HBase 0.92.1 using rpms and providing a web-based UI to control and monitor your cluster. They are in the process of making their first release and we would love to discuss it with you on [EMAIL PROTECTED].

-- Owen