Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 and Bigtop 0.8.0 BOMs

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 and Bigtop 0.8.0 BOMs
On 08/26/2013 09:08 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> we have chatted with Roman about this and the problem is that we don't know
> the target date for 0.11.1. It might be the end of September or November. The
> Teradata issue has like three months time frame to be addressed.
>
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 05:55PM, Mark Grover wrote:
>> To close the loop on Hive 0.11* in Bigtop 0.7, I resurrected the thread on
>> Hive-dev mailing list and heard back that the 0.11.1 will address the NPath
>> UDF concerns.
>> Reference:
>> http://markmail.org/search/?q=Proposing%20a%200.11.1#query:Proposing%20a%200.11.1+page:1+mid:n3vi4n4pwpqizdmh+state:results
>>
>> Consequently, I'd suggest that we include the to-be-released Hive 0.11.1 in
>> our Bigtop 0.7 release.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> already
>>>
>>> Ok, I'll restart the VOTE. Sorry about missing it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Roman.

I am not sure to follow.
If we release Apache Bigtop with Apache Hive 0.11, the issue will still
be there by the 3 month expiration, wouldn't it? Even more so if 0.11.1
has not been released by then.

Thanks,
Bruno