HDFS, mail # dev - I am a new comer and have a question about HDFS code check out

Re: I am a new comer and have a question about HDFS code check out
Min Long 2010-09-14, 02:36
Hi, Jay, Thanks for reply. I can see "TestBlockRecovery" and
"TestDataDirs" for datanode; also "TestGetImageServlet","TestINodeFile"
and "TestNNLeaseRecovery" for namenode. I will start from these first
then. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Min (Catherine) Long
IBM China Systems and Technology Lab
Jay Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/14/2010 09:59 AM
Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc

Subject
Re: I am a new comer and have a question about HDFS code check out
Hi Min, look at the unit tests which make use of MiniDFSCluster -- you can
run those in debug mode and step through the code, and they include a
bunch
of use cases.  That's generally much easier than running all of the
different services and debugging each separately.