Drill >> mail # user >> SCAN Operators

+
Avinash Dongre 2013-06-05, 00:19
+
Ted Dunning 2013-06-05, 07:07
Re: SCAN Operators
Our goal is to make Drill as easy as possible to write Scan operators
for (in fact, any operator should be easy to implement).  In fact, one
of our other goals to allow people to utilize their existing Hive
SerDes with a slight performance penalty.  We're in the process now of
working on our first full scanning implementation.  Timothy Chen is
leading that work.  Once we get the first one done, we'll work through
building a set of documentation and steps for Scan implementation.