Flume, mail # user - HDFS sink leaves .tmp files

+
Chris Neal 2012-08-29, 14:18
+
Chris Neal 2012-09-10, 15:02
+
Eran Kutner 2012-09-10, 15:16
Re: HDFS sink leaves .tmp files
Chris Neal 2012-09-10, 15:21
Glad to know it's not just me :)

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Eran Kutner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have the same problem. I roll every 1 minute so I have tons of those
> .tmp files.
>
> -eran
>

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Chris Neal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm still seeing this consistently every 24 hour period.  Does this sound
>> like a configuration issue, an issue with the Exec source, or an issue with
>> the HDFS sink?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Chris Neal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have an Exec Source running a tail -F on a log4J-generated log file
>>> that gets rolled once a day.  It seems that when log4J rolls the file to
>>> the new date, the hdfs sink ends up with a .tmp file.  I haven't figured
>>> out if there is any data loss yet, but was curious if this is expected
>>> behavior?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your time.
>>> Chris

+
Kathleen Ting 2012-09-10, 17:37
+
Chris Neal 2012-09-10, 18:59
+
Chris Neal 2012-09-10, 19:01
+
Bhaskar V. Karambelkar 2012-09-10, 20:08
+
Mike Percy 2012-09-10, 22:04
+
Kathleen Ting 2012-09-10, 22:09