MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 04:08
+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 07:04
+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 07:48
Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.
I'm not sure if Pig disables it or not, but I remember I had issues when that file was to be created by the MR jobs due to the fact of Oozie or Pig removing temporary directories or something like that. I remember seeing an exception about failure to create the SUCCESS file, so I started using the following property in my workflow pig action to disable that:

        <pig>
            <configuration>

                <property>
                    <name>mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.marksuccessfuljobs</name>
                    <value>false</value>
                </property>
            </configuration>
        </pig>