HBase >> mail # dev >> assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?

Re: assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The master sending a close on a region that is opening will result in
> cancelling the open.

So you think we could use this in say the TM instead of taking over the
znode and hoping it will notice the hijacking (currently, by trying to
transition the znode or alternatively by having a watcher on the znode so
it gets a callback when the master takes it over)?
> Before we remove it, should we list all exceptional cases and make
> sure they are covered?

No harm I'd say.  Could do it in hbase-7247?

St.Ack