Accumulo >> mail # user >> Removing splits [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Removing splits [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
UNCLASSIFIED

Hi guys,

Just a simple question.  We ingest data in daily batches and create splits on the data to distribute the loading, eg splits are 20130407-1, 20130407-2, ... 20130407-n

Once this data is loaded the splits will not be required again.  Is there a maximum number of splits a table can have?  How can splits be removed once they are nolonger required, I can't see any command in the api?

Thanks in advance,
Matt Dickson

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.
+
David Medinets 2013-04-10, 20:34
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-10, 21:16