MapReduce >> mail # user >> pseudo distributed mode

Re: pseudo distributed mode
On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM, mouna laroussi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to configure my Hadoop in tne pseudo distributed mode.
> when i arrive to the step to format namenode, i foind at the web page 50070
> "there are no namenode in the cluster.
> what shouled i do?
> is there any path to change?

Now sure which version of Hadoop you're interested in, but
if it is Hadoop 2 and you're planning to run it on a Linux
system I'd recommend using Bigtop's package hadoop-conf-pseudo
It is specifically designed to get you up and running with Hadoop
pseudo distributed cluster in a matter of minutes.

If this sounds appealing more details are available over here:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.5.0

Thanks,
Roman.