Pig >> mail # user >> Executing Pig on another framework

Re: Executing Pig on another framework
Hi,
Pig Latin (the language) is not coupled to Hadoop and can be used on any
other framework.
Pig (the system) however, is tightly coupled to Hadoop.
Extension point existed but were removed because they were a major burden.
That said, it is theoretically possible to build another Pig Latin executor
that runs on a different framework.

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco